Sunday, March 9, 2014

My Sunday: Let your light SHINE free printable





Welcome! How is your Sunday going? I want to uplift and inspired those around you. Every Sunday I want to give you a thought that has really inspired me recently or just something I really enjoy.




 For Church, we had Stake Conference today. This is where were our local congregations are called wards (or branches for smaller congregations). They are organized geographically and members attend a ward or branch near their home. Because in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints all the teaching materials are consistent throughout the wards and branches, a person will be studying the same lessons no matter where in the world they attend church. The spiritual leader of each ward is called the bishop (or the branch president for branches). He is a member of the congregation who has been asked to serve as a volunteer in this position. A group of wards forms a stake, and the leader of a stake is a stake president. “Stake” is not a term found in the New Testament, but is taken from Old Testament tent imagery in which the “tent,” or church, is held up by supporting stakes (see Isaiah 54:2).




What they talked about in our Stake Conference was hastening the work of the Lord. As the speakers got up I was inspired by many of those that are working hard to talk about Jesus Christ, to others. We also must recognize that Satan-The Great Deceiver is trying in all his power to make us miserable. Doesn’t this make you want to be Happy? Doesn’t this make you want to strive to live better? Yes we may all have our bad moments (I may have more than I would like too) where we lose sight of what is really important. That is where our Savior, Jesus Christ makes us happy. He WANTS us to be happy. He paid for the price of my sins through the atonement. I want to BE better because of him.





We have all been challenged at times in our life; this is where we can grow. I have recently moved to a place I don’t know anyone. Most of our family is 6-7hr drive away. I really have to rely on the support of our ward family. Because I have moved, I feel this urge to help more. I want to be a better. I want to help those around me. I know I was starting to get in a bubble in my last area. I really LOVED that bubble. I really loved that I could send my kids out to the neighbor’s home and know that they were going to be loved and taken care of. I really loved that if I needed anything I could turn to my neighbors that I call my friends.











But Since I have moved, I have spent more precious time with my children, I have been more open to those around me that I don’t know. I have been a better wife and mother. I have jumped out of my comfort zone. I have stepped into a new place that I am trying to love as much as my last home. Where Home is, that is where your heart is also.




I want you to help take the plunge and help those around you. If you haven’t seen a neighbor lately, Make time and go over and meet them or visit with them. Your heart will be blessed. You will be blessed. You will have a greater desire to do GOOD!





I have made you a little printable that are one of my favorite scripture. It was actually my first scripture I memorized when I was 8 years old.  It is near and dear to my heart.






2 comments:

  1. Oh I love your beautiful website Cami! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you April! You are so awesome! Miss and love you!

      Delete