Saturday, February 22, 2014

Wait, What? Twins? Part 1 "I'm Pregnant"





Yes, I have twins but this story it's not what you think.


"I am on cloud 9." wrote from my journal entry in August 2007. At first when I found out I was pregnant with #2 I was ex-tactic! My hubby and I prayed that we could have another child very close in age to #1. I always wanted my family to be very close together. I figured my oldest boy & this future baby would be about 3 1/2 years apart. I was grateful that #1 would be my big helper but, I didn't always feel that way.


 Four months after #1 was born I was ready to bear another child. (Labor was as smooth as butter! It obviously didn't affect me too bad.) So every month we tried but every month we failed. I failed! After 2-3 months of no success I started searching the internet for answers on helping me get pregnant faster. These are some of the things we tried. 


      -I first had to figured when I ovulated, that was a little difficult since I don't have regular RED
       periods.
      -I took my morning temperate testing.
      -I went to the dollar store and bought 20 ovulation tests so we could better determined when our 
       best chance was.


I knew I didn't have fertility issues since it was so EASY to get pregnant with #1. The longer we tried the harder it was on me. I was grieving every time I took a test it was like a part of me died. I couldn't take another pregnancy test just to tell me, NO! I remember thinking, "What do I need to do to get this child here with me?" I never wanted to tell anyone that we were trying to have a child, because it was admitting that we were failures.


Then the questions came #1 was 18 months. "So, When are you going to have your next one?" "Looks like #1 needs a sibling to play with." Seriously, If you only knew, I AM TRYING!! I am sorry but, you just don't ask those questions. They can be piercing at times and hurt just the same as taking a pregnancy test. I was lost. I had no hope. Then, I prayed!


Thanks so my Heavenly Father he answered my prayers, in a way I didn't expect. Instead of thinking about my failure status I re-focused my energy on myself.  I was currently over-weight and not happy. I wanted to DO something about it! I started exercising, eating healthy, and being active. I started to become HAPPY again. I started to forget that I could take control and that I was in charge of my body. Heavenly Father gave me a gift, my body and I was going to LOVE it. The weight didn't come off right away. Hours and days of hard dedication of exercising and eatting right. I was satisfied with being BLESSED with one child. I gave thanks to my Heavenly Father. 


After six months of lifestyle change, I found out! Hesitant to take a test, I found out I was pregnant with #2.


Follow me at Facebook or google+ and you will know first thing about the next part of this series.


Keep Smiling Ü


No comments:

Post a Comment