Thursday, April 10, 2014

Part 1: Faith, Hope & Blessings



This story is written from my personal journal. please contact me about questions at abrightforce (AT) gmail (DOT) com  

Part 1: Faith, Hope & Blessings

March 27, 2014


Thursday- Kyle came home from school telling me that his brain was hurting. He then said he got really cold. So he went and got his coat on and fell asleep on the bean bag. he was asleep until 6:45. We woke him up and had him eat dinner. He ate got ready for bed then he came out of his bed telling me that his belly hurt. I remember rock a bye him in our chair in my room. He calmed down and I laid him in bed.

March 28, 2014


I let the kids sleeping in a little today. When Kyle woke up I heard a thump. Kyle could not walk he was too wobbly. He then threw up what he ate late night. I had planned to go to SLC as a girls night for the evening. We had planned to go to the Scrapbook Expo. I told AJ that I was going to stay home. He didn't look normal for just having the stomach bug. He told me he would be ok. He wanted to take care of him and told me to go and have a fun time. So I drove to Spanish Fork were I went to Costco for the afternoon and then dropped it off at my sisters house. We had a great time going shopping at Kohl and IKEA and just hanging out.It was a fun break. Aj called me and told me that Kyle was going to have a priesthood blessing to get better. I asked AJ if I needed to come home? He said no sleep and we will see how he is feeling.

March 29, 2014



I woke up around 8:00 am I was debating to go to the hotel gym but decided I just wanted to get ready. I text AJ to ask how Kyle was doing they didn’t wake up until 9 am. He said he seemed to be doing better. So we finished getting ready and went to the Scrapbook Expo USA. as we were pulling out of the hotel parking lot. I had a feeling to say a prayer. So I said one and we went on our way. We arrived and I could not believe how CRAZY the ladies at the expo could be. They are die-hard scrapbooks and I don’t think we will ever go back to scrapbook just to look around at the Venues.
We found our place and walked around. Then an hour into it Aj told me he was taking Kyle to the doctors. He later told me that he text-ed and Kyle was going to be admitted into the hospital for dehydration and  he hadn’t gone to the bathroom since Friday morning. The next text AJ sent was, ‘when are you coming home?’ I text him back immediately and said ‘right now’ We finished packing our things and walked to our car. I turned to Melinda and asked her if she would say a prayer. I didn’t know the danger but I was feeling uneasy and wanted to feel better and comforted through a prayer. I did feel more at easy when we started driving home. We had to drive back to my sisters since I went to Costco Friday afternoon and left my fridge foods at her house. I made my way back home.

Aj was still waited to be admitted into the hospital I had a dear friend pick up the kids until I was able to get back home.
I arrived back home with Melinda by my side. I am truly grateful that she put her time to drive out with me and help me out. We originally thought that Kyle was only going to have to stay in the hospital for 1 night and we would get to come home. We kept waiting for Kyle to get up out of bed and want to play. He just laid there and slept.
I stayed with him for the evening then I came home and put the kids to bed. They fell asleep the moment I put them to bed. Then I sat with Melinda and chatted while we waited for her husband to drive her home.

March 30, 2014

I was waiting for Aj to call so I could go to the hospital in the morning and he could come home and get ready. At this time Melinda had left to go home since they needed to get back to church. I got a call around 10 am saying the DR had come around and they were going to wait and see if Kyle was going to get better. I came in and Kyle was still not 100% he looked actually worse then when I left him. Right now he didn’t talk or really open his eyes he just laid there. He was a floppy fish and had no control of his body. Finally, the nurse came in right when AJ had shown up with the kids. The nurse asked us if Kyle was normally sleepy? I said, NO. She told us she was going to go call the DR and see what he wants to do. At this time I had that feeling that I needed to take the kids home. So I took them home. As we were walking out of the hospital there was a HUGE gust of wind and lightning then it started to rain and pour. We didn’t get too wet but it was still crazy. This was right after the special fast for all religions to fast for the rain to come to Vernal. Their prayers were answered.

 I was a little antsy but wanted to remain calm for the kids. I got the call from AJ saying I needed to come to the hospital ASAP. I needed to pack a bag for whom ever was going to fly in the life flight wing plane. My heart dropped not knowing what was going to happen. My friend here in Vernal she happened to not have any of her kids in Vernal since her husband just had a minor surgery on his knee. I called her and she was here within 2 min. She was such a blessing. 

I went to the hospital with Aj’s clothes because I don’t think I would have done that well in the airplane. While I was gone, Kyle had a CT Scan and was not really responding to them when they were poking him for an IV. It was so scary to see your child laying there and you don’t know what was going on with him. Normally, when I have had hard time or trails I have always known the outcome or at least had the spirit guide my thoughts. This time I didn’t know. My faith was put to the test. I really didn’t know if I was ever going to see my sweet little Kyle again. That is when I met AJ and he came and gave me a BIG hug and told me We can do hard things. We have done it before, we can do it again. It helped but it didn’t give me the peace that I was searching for. When we came back to the room, Kyle had not moved. He just laid there with his eyes closed. I just wanted to see those eyes before he had to take off on the airplane. Aj called our home teachers to come down and give us a blessing. First they gave Kyle blessing which calmed me down a little. Then they went into a different room and gave AJ a blessing then, I was next. I wasn’t going to say no to the blessing but, I felt I wasn’t the one who needed it. The moment the blessing started, I had the peace I was looking for. I knew instantly that what ever happen would happen. That the Lord was mindful of us. AFter the blessing, The primary song that came to my mind:

My life is a gift; my life has a plan.
My life has a purpose; in heav’n it began.
My choice was to come to this lovely home on earth
And seek for God’s light to direct me from birth.

I had that feeling that everything was going to work out the way it was going to work out. I was blessed that we have the priesthood on this earth.(

A blessing given by a Melchizedek Priesthood holder, by the laying on of hands and by inspiration, to one who is sick or otherwise in need of special counsel, comfort, or healing. If the blessing is for the sick, consecrated oil is used (James 5:14-15).

I went back to Kyle side since he was going to be leaving for life-flight soon. When the flight crew came and took Kyle I wanted to see those eyes before they left but he was still not waking up. We wheeled him down to the ambulance and I got to climb in and say goodbye to Kyle I told him, “I’ll see ya when I see ya, Love you. Be Good” And I watched them drive away to the airport.

To finish the story READ HERE